There are a lot of different things you can do to keep your teeth clean, but are you focusing on the most important things? If not, you may still end up developing cavities. If you want to have a cavity-free mouth, fresher breath, and nicer teeth, here are the best three things you can do for your teeth.
1. Brush your teeth the right way
Brushing is something that you probably do already, but you might not be doing it enough or the right ways. Here are three things to know about brushing that will help you do it the right way:
- Brush for two complete minutes without stopping – It takes this long to completely clean all the plaque and debris off teeth. Brushing too quickly will not offer the in-depth cleaning that your teeth really need.
- Brush with a soft-bristled brush – You do not need a lot of force to clean your teeth, and it is actually better to use less force. You can accomplish this by using a soft-bristled brush. This type will clean your teeth thoroughly without risking the potential for damaging your gums in the process.
- Brush your tongue when you finish – Your tongue can harbor plaque, even though you probably did not know this, and cleaning your tongue will result in having cleaner teeth.
After doing these three things, make sure you thoroughly rinse off your toothbrush and store it in a cup or something that allows it to air dry between uses.
2. Never skip the floss
The second tip for good oral health involves flossing. If you currently are not flossing on a regular basis, you are taking huge risks. Flossing cleans parts of your mouth that your toothbrush will never be able to reach, and flossing will reduce your chances of developing decay on your teeth. You need to floss just once a day for optimal oral health care, and you should do this at night before bed.
3. Attend regular dental visits
Finally, attending all your regularly scheduled visits to the dentist is crucial. Your dentist can clean your teeth very deeply and in ways you cannot do at home. This is really only needed twice a year for most people; however, people with high risks of developing cavities may have to go more frequently than this.
If you utilize these tips and watch what you eat, you might be able to prevent cavities from forming. If you currently need to have a professional teeth cleaning and examination, contact a local dental clinic like Lake Pleasant Dentistry to set up an appointment.Share